The All Progressive Congress, APC, has declared that former President Goodluck Jonathan is not corrupt.
Bolaji Abdullahi, the National Publicity Secretary of the ruling APC who declared this in an interview said no right thinking person would accuse the former President of corruption.
“I don’t think even the worst enemies can accuse Dr. Jonathan of being a corrupt person, I don’t think so, I don’t see anyone in this country that would say Jonathan is personally corrupt, ” Abdullahi said in an interview with Mercy Abang of Gatefield Television.
But the APC had in 2015 accused former President Jonathan and his Government of looting N11.11trillion while in office.
Lai Mohammed, the former APC spokesman and current Minister for Information had accused Jonathan of leading the “massive”, “spine-chilling” and “mind-boggling” looting of the nation’s treasury.
The party then listed the funds unaccounted for by the Jonathan Government to include:
– 3.8 trillion Naira out of the 8.1 trillion Naira earned from crude oil (2012-2015) withheld by NNPC
– 2.1 billion US dollars from Excess Crude Account unaccounted for
– Department of Petroleum Resources’ unremitted 109.7 billion Naira royalty from oil firms
– 6 billion US dollars allegedly looted by some Ministers of the last Administration
– 160 million barrels of crude worth 13.9 billion US dollars lost between 2009 and 2012
– 15 million US dollars from botched arms deal yet to be returned to Nigeria
– 13 billion US dollars in NLNG dividends mostly unaccounted for
– 30 billion Naira rice waiver
– 183 billion naira unaccounted for at the Niger Delta Development Commission.