Date Published: 08/05/10
Jonathan/Sambo to run on same ticket in 2011 says aide
Special Adviser to the President on National Assembly Matters, Senator Mohammed
Abba-Aji, has said that President Goodluck Jonathan will contest the 2011
presidential poll with Vice-President Namadi Sambo, as running mate.
This came on the heels of another aide , Cairo Ojugbo who said, he and his
colleagues have not been told not to campaign for the President.
Senator Abba Aji, revealed this in Abuja, on Thursday, at a meting of the
pro-Jonathan group, the Friends of Democracy, which was called to inaugurate the
group’s zonal and state coordinators.
While saying that the Jonathan/Sambo ticket was virtually assured for the
election, he said that whenever the president made his declaration, he would do
so on behalf of his Vice president Sambo.
He thus dismissed fears that President Jonathan might do away with Sambo, when
he clinched the ticket, saying that Jonathan as a democrat would not do anything
that would put enmity between him and Sambo, who is currently very loyal to him
Senator Abba Aji, who is the National Chairman of the group, also disclosed that
plans had been finalised for the group to open offices in all the states and the
774 local government areas of the country in a deliberate move to involve people
at the grass root. |