Exclusive, Top Stories, Photo News, Articles & Opinions

 

'Governor Daniel After My Life'—Wale Adedayo, Ex-Press Secretary

advertisement

The former Chief Press Secretary to the Ogun state governor, Mr. Wale Adedayo, this morning, raised a fresh alarm on the threat to his life by the powers that be in the state.

Addressing a press conference in Lagos, this morning, Adedayo said; “despite previous denials, the system in Abeokuta still believes they manufactured lies against me. The press conference would not have been necessary, but for some allegations which I considered very serious.” He revealed that aside past allegations, he considered seriously the allegation made against him through a text message to his phone on Sunday 8 February, 2009.

Says the former CPS: “Yesterday, a repeat of last year’s episodes was re-enacted, despite four meetings I attended with the governor between last month and today. Just like the one in Croydon, London, the three others in Sagamu and Abeokuta, have me on record as stating categorically that I do not have any intention to work against my former principal.

“Barely 48 hours ago, I even volunteered advice to my former principal (Gov. Daniel), about his current precarious situation, but ‘intelligence’ reports continue to pour into Abeokuta that Wale Adedayo has initiated a campaign of pull-him-down against the governor by aligning with those opposed to him from my new base in Lagos.”

Mr. Adedayo, who described his appointment as consultant to the Ogun state government on Foreign Affairs as a “ziggy” appointment, said he was raising the alarm, so as not to go the way of Dele Giwa.

“I had naively believed that everything was over and we were on course towards a final settlement terms when another ‘intelligence’ text dropped into the phone from my former principal, asking me to make amends ‘if true’. I was shocked,” the journalist stated.

The ex-CPS, who said  God knew he had kept his own side of the bargain to keep the peace and let God expose the hidden things of the night of 10 January, 2009, revealed that he was using a Lagos-based weekly soft-sell magazine to launch an “assault” on governor Daniel.

advertisement
 

What perhaps baffled the Ijebu-Ife born former Director of Organisation, Ogun state PDP, most, was the settlement meeting brokered by a friend last Monday, in Sagamu, where some close associates of the governor’s advised him to travel fast out of the country to avoid the vengeance of the robbers who attacked him in January.

“I watched in amazement as my former boss echoed the juvenile argument of his associates that I should leave the country because the ‘robbers’ will definitely be angry and may want to retaliate.

“I am not going anywhere for now. I am here, I have my belief and faith in God. I’m not afraid of death, I will be 43 in April, afterall, my father died at the age of 48,” Adedayo disclosed.

In a related development, Mr. Wale Adedayo, in his reply to the governor’s threatening text to him, had replied: “Sir, the text was not positive. You’ve mentioned the words self-destruct to me about five times in the last one year. If that were to be the case, I should have been killed on 10 January. It has never happened before, that six AK 47-wielding men would try to take a person out and they could not.

“Your thoughts and actions towards me are not good. But as God has been telling me, I should not behave likewise. That is why I have been very tolerant and behaving like a fool all through.

“Despite all his failings, Tinubu can never treat a loyal aide the way you treated me. Anybody can give you information. If you do not have anything evil towards me, you’ll find out carefully and use the truth. “How come you people who accused me of giving money and spending anyhow towards the election, now say I stole money meant for journalists? The same people who fed you information claimed I was divulging caucus information….” end of some part of Wale Adedayo’s reply to governor Daniel’s text messaage.

Every effort to get the reaction of the Ogun State Commissioner for Information, Mr. Kayode Samuel, on the allegations raised by Adedayo, proved abortive, as he refused to pick his call at press time.

You got News for us, give us a tip at: newstip@pointblanknews.com. We treat them confidential as we investigate!

 

 
© Copyright of pointblanknews.com. All Rights Reserved.