Date Published: 12/30/09
Saudi Hospital keeps mum on Yar'Adua's whereabouts
Officials of the King Faisal Hospital and Research Center, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia where President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua has spent more than a month attending to his health now do not want to be bothered over enquiries about the state of health of the sick Nigeria President.
Nigerian Tribune had reported that “the ailing President Umaru Yar’Adua, who left Nigeria 37 days ago for medical attention in Saudi Arabia, was never admitted to King Faisal Hospital at all as believed by Nigerians...”
Pointblanknews.com called +96614427502, one of the switch board numbers to speak with Dr. Adel Ahmed Abdelgawad who is said to be in the know of the Nigeria’s President health condition, a male voice that answered the phone but refused to give his name said “it is 4:30am here and you cannot speak to him now.
When asked the condition of the Nigeria President, he said “you have wrong information, he was never here.” When asked about the Press Release the hospital issued out to Journalist on November 25, 2009, a day after President Yar’Adua checked into the hospital, he said “I don’t know what you are talking about. He was not here and we don’t have him here.”
The male voice who sounded as if he has been coached said “anything about your president, please not here.”
However, a very highly placed source told Pointblanknews.com that this might be another scheme designed by the Nigerian Government to keep the condition of the “very sick” Nigeria President out of the public ears.
According to the source “as you know even the CSO and other Nigerian medical team who had been with them are no longer aware of what the President’s condition is and so you can see that there is a deliberate intention to cover up a lot of things about the president’s health.”
The source maintained that the Nigerian President is still at the hospital but that the personnel at the King Faisal Hospital are only acting on instructions.
“I don’t think the President is out of that hospital, he is still there otherwise where would he go to for the kind of sickness he has within Saudi Arabia? I strongly believe that the hospital people are only acting on instructions that have been passed on to them.”
President Yar’Adua who left Nigeria in a state of unconsciousness for a Saudi Arabia hospital on November 24, 2009 never handed over to Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan as constitutionally required. His political associates have used all kinds of unconventional means to ensure that even with his incapacitated condition, Yar’Adua remains as President.
|