Exclusive, Top Stories, Photo News, Articles & Opinions
Bookmark and Share

Date Published: 03/28/10

Don't heat the system, Jonathan warns Members of the Cabal

advertisement
Goodluck Jonathan

Acting President, Goodluck Jonathan has warned some allies of Umaru Ya'Adua to stop spreading false rumors about Yar'Adua's health thereby causing confusion.

In the last few weeks there have been series of statements credited to allies of Yar'Adua. Recently, a man who claimed to be a relative said the sick President was doing well  walking around the Presidential Villa, and playing with the animals on the grounds. Another report in the Daily Trust earlier this week said Yar'Adua would return to work next week, while another apparently sponsored report said Yar'Adua would attend the Jumat service in Abuja last Friday. Bauchi State Governor early last week also told State House correspondent that Yar'Adua was doing well.


Pointblanknews.com sources at the Villa hinted Friday that Jonathan issued the warning at a high level meeting with top security chiefs in Abuja Thursday night. At that meeting were some close allies of the sick president who have been fingered by security reports to be behind the rumors.

The release of such rumors has been carefully orchestrated to always coincide with major moves being planned by Jonathan. They include the recent sack of ministers.

According to our sources, the acting president wondered why the so called allies would claim Yar'Adua was set to return to work when he (Jonathan) is yet to set his eyes on him since he was ferried back from Saudi Arabia.

It was further gathered that some members of the Yar'Adua cabal were summoned to the meeting by Jonathan who strongly admonished them, and explained the security implications of their unguarded statements concerning Yar'Adua's health. Sources hinted that such statements were misleading, and could heat up the system.

He warned that anyone found compromising the peace and security of the nation for their selfish interests would be handed over to the security agencies for appropriate investigation and sanction.

According to our source, they were told clearly that" whoever is found to be behind the rumors would be handed over to the security agencies for breach of security"

You got News for us, give us a tip at: newstip@pointblanknews.com. We treat them confidential as we investigate!
Bookmark and Share
© Copyright of pointblanknews.com. All Rights Reserved.