Date Published: 10/14/09
“FACE YOUR CASE AT THE TRIBUNAL AND STOP DIVERTING ATTENTION”, LAGOS AC TELLS EKITI PDP
The Lagos State chapter of the Action Congress has lambasted Ekiti State PDP as a group that is desperate to force down the stolen mandate they are now mismanaging. The party says for the Ekiti PDP, nothing is considered too mean to employ for this nefarious task.
In a release in Lagos, signed by the party’s Lagos State Publicity Secretary of the AC, Joe Igbokwe, the party says it is reacting to the false, tendentious and outlandish accusation of the voter robbers in Ekiti PDP that Lagos councils are funding the election petition of the Ekiti State AC governorship candidate, Dr. Kayode Fayemi. The party insisted that the Ekiti PDP has run to a violent crash in its attempt to sustain the open, daylight fraud that happened in Ekiti on April 25, 2009.
“It is funny that the Ekiti PDP is not defending the forged results with which it stole the Ekiti governorship mandate both in 2007 and the shameful parody of April 25, 2009. It is sad that it is rather engaged in inventing spurious propaganda and white lies just to divert attention from the dirty details of the electoral debauchery that its members visited on Ekiti during the badly rigged April 2009 re-run. We would have expected the Ekiti PDP to tell the entire world the wonders of the Ido Osi forged electoral results instead of trying to divert attention by its wild allegation of where the fund for the prosecution of Dr. Fayemi’s case is coming from. What this means is that that den of serial electoral robbers that make up Ekiti PDP is bereft of good reasons for the series of electoral fraud it had been perpetrating in the state.
“While we state that the allegations are frivolous, unsubstantiable and reckless, Lagos AC wonders where Lagos councils, now burdened with the task of complimenting the massive transformation of Lagos, will find such outlandish money to lavish on a clear and cadent case as the PDP roguery in Ekiti State last April. It is certain that because the resources that would have been used to better the lots of the people of Ekiti State are employed by the state PDP and its government to steal electoral victories and sustaining such criminal acts, they fantasize that a state like Lagos will waste its resources on a case that is as clear as daylight. It is clear that these bands of idlers and impunity are trying to export their megalomania to Lagos but this has already failed.
“Lagos AC wants to advise Ekiti PDP to face the elections tribunals and rebut the tales of horror, criminality and vandalism that are now tumbling out from the gory and macabre electoral fraud it shamelessly laundered in Ekiti during the re-run polls. We want them to concern themselves to proving their innocence before the tribunal and refrain from thinking it can successfully divert attention from their criminal act of stealing the mandates of Ekiti people i8n such an audacious and reckless manner as the world witnessed on April 25. Ekiti PDP has a great task before it, as is evidenced from the immutable facts coming to the tribunals presently. They would do well to face it and not embark on frivolous diversion of attention, which their wild allegations against Lagos councils amounts to.
“We want to tell these laggards in Ekiti that Lagos State is too busy to buy into their childish game. They would rather await their rustication from the stolen mandate they have been misusing in Ekiti than spreading lies and false information so as to fool itself and divert people’s attention.”
Joe Igbokwe.
Publicity Secretary,
Lagos AC.