Home Exclusive BREAKING: Air strike from ‘unknown’ aircraft kills scores of Joint Security Task-Force members in Niger

BREAKING: Air strike from ‘unknown’ aircraft kills scores of Joint Security Task-Force members in Niger

by Our Reporter
Airstrike from an unidentified fighter jet has killed unspecified number of the Joint Security Task-Force members at Galkogo community in Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger State.
The incident occurred on Tuesday afternoon when men of the Joint Security TaskForce were on patrol in the area.

They were said to have been mistaken for bandits, although the villagers said there had been no threat of any bandit attack in recent time in the area, except for communities around Munya Local Government Area.

The number of the security men killed by the airstrike could not be ascertained as the time of filing this report, but it was gathered that two Hilux vans were seen at about 4pm this evening evacuating bodies to Minna where they were deposited at IBB Specialized Hospital in the Niger State capital.

The Commander of the Security Task Force who was serious injured in the airstrike was also said to be receiving treatment at an undisclosed government medical facility in Minna, according to sources.

Sources also told our Correspondent close to Galkogo community that owing to the incident, the other members of the Joint Task-Force had to quickly move out of the community along with all their belongings.

Consequently, members of Galkogo community and its environs reportedly started fleeing  their homes for fear of being attacked by bandits.

It would be recalled that a similar incident two years ago led to the death of no fewer than 11 soldiers and 19 mobile policemen in Erena community in the same Shiroro Local Government Area.

Both the State government and the State Police Command were yet to issue a statement on the latest development as at press time.

You may also like