Home Exclusive Spouse of APC stalwart, Charles Kurobo, laments husband’s kidnap in Bayelsa

Spouse of APC stalwart, Charles Kurobo, laments husband’s kidnap in Bayelsa

by Our Reporter

-Solicits Police, Gov Diri’s interventionBy Bayo Davids

Mrs Edith Thomas, wife of the All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain,  Comrade Charles Kurobo has decried cried the alleged forcefully abduction of her husband last week by armed men in Bayelsa State.

In her words, Mr Kurobo  was forcefully taken from their home located along Opolo road close to Saipen by armed policemen and personnel of the Nigerian Civil Defence Corps in a long vehicle convoy numbering 15 at about 12 am  on the 19th of November, 2024.

Kurubo, a former aide to Governor Douye Diri and Chairman, Niger Delta Ex-agitators’ Leadership Forum, Second Phase, Bayelsa State chapter, is a known criticsof the management of the Presidential Amnesty Programme and the handling of the Pipeline Surveillance Contracts being handled by the Tantita Security Company owned by the Former Militant leader, High Chief Government Ekpemupolo also known as Tompolo.

Mrs Edith homas, who spoke with newsmen in agony pleaded with the Inspector-General of Police, Kayode Egbetokun and the Governor of Bayelsa State, Senator Douye Diri to save the life of her husband by launching a quick investigation into the circumstances sorrounding the abduction.

She said “Around midnight on Tuesday, 19th of November, our sleep was chattered with sounds of gun shots and shouts for my husband to come out. We were gripped with fear and to save our lives, he surrendered.”

” Looking from our shattered window, we saw that those that came were dressed in police uniforms and vests. Some were putting on civil defence uniforms. The vehicles were many and close to 15. It looks like a total invasion.”

She however said when the family rushed to the headquarters of the Bayelsa State Police command to find out the reason for the adoption, “We were told he was not in their custody and that they were not involved in the operation.”

She pointed out that several visits to the Police and the Department of State Services (DSS) yielded no result as they denied knowledge of his arrest.  “Our fears is that he may be harmed,”she added.

She pleaded with the Nigerian Police and the State Governor, Senator Douye Diri to assist in searching for the whereabouts of the bread winner of their family.

“The Police and Gov. Diri are the only hope I have to find my husband. Please help us before something bad is done to him,” she pleaded.

Already , a group, the Niger Delta Conscientious Alliance (NDCA) has petitioned President Bola Tinubu, the Office of the Prosecutor-International Criminal Court (ICC), the United Nations Secretary General, President of the European Union Parliament, President of the African Union, ECOWAS Secretary General, the South African President , the Canadian Prime Minister, the President of France, the United States Secretary of State, and many others over alleged flagrant human Rights abuse, mysterious illegal arrest and detention of hundreds of youths in the Niger Delta region.

Sent from my iPhone

You may also like