Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso has said that his government will continue to block all areas that were being used as conduit for siphoning public resources for many years which left the state poorer. He pointed out that his administration will continue to ensure that all public funds are properly managed and spent on the development state.
The governor, who was speaking after receiving the Desert Herald Most Visionary Leader of the Year 2012 Award at Kano government house on Tuesday, said that: “the popular security vote is now history in Kano as everything is documented and accounted for in order to avoid mismanagement in our government resources. He then thanked the paper for finding him worthy for such award, which, he said, will boost his commitment toward developing the state through the provision of infrastructure, education, women/youth empowerment programmes.
Earlier in his remark, the publisher/Editor-in-Chief of the Desert Herald, Malam Tukur Mamu described Gov. Kwankwaso as a visionary and exemplary leader considering his tremendous achievements within his short time in office. He said that Kano state is now being transformed despite small federal government statutory allocation compared with the other states in the federation.
He explained that the paper considered the contribution of Gov. Kwankwaso in various aspects of human development, poverty eradication, prudence and accountability in the management and administration of public funds as well as sanitizing and improving the Internal Generated Revenue as worthy to celebrate.

