Home Exclusive Army Recues Another Chibok Girl With 10months Old Son

Army Recues Another Chibok Girl With 10months Old Son

by Our Reporter

The Nigerian Army says that it has rescued another one of the girls
abducted from the Government Secondary School Chibok in Borno State by
Boko Haram insurgents.

A statement issued by the Acting Director Army Public Relations, Colonel
Sani Usman, says troops deployed at Pulka in Gwoza Local Government Area
discovered the girl, Maryam Ali Maiyanga, while screening some escapees
from the Boko Haram hideout in Sambisa forest.
She was carrying a 10-month-old son and has been taken to the unit’s
medical facility for proper medical checkup.

On October 13, 2016, the Spokesman for Nigeria’s President, Mr Garba
Shehu, confirmed that 21 Chibok girls had been released from Boko Haram
clutches.
He said that the release of the girls, in a limited number, was the
outcome of negotiations between the administration and the Boko Haram,
brokered by the International Red Cross and the Swiss Government.

The Minister of Information, Mr Lai Mohammed later explained that the
Federal Government secured the release of the girls through the
collaborative efforts of the security agencies, a friendly European
country and a renowned International Humanitarian Organisation.

The rescued girls were reunited with their parents during a thanksgiving
service held in the nation’s capital city, Abuja, three days after their
release.

Speaking at the church service, the Minister of Information Mr Lai
Mohammed, announced that the Federal Government was negotiating with Boko
Haram for the release of the remaining Chibok Girls.

Over 200 girls were taken from their school’s dormitory on April 14, 2014
by members of the Boko Haram terrorist group.

Their abduction triggered wide-spread protests globally, popularising a
“Bring Back Our Girls” slogan.

Less than 40 of the girls have been rescued so far.

By

Barely three weeks after the return of 21 Chibok‎ Schoolgirls after their release to the Federal authorities, troops of the Nigerian Army have recovered yet another of the kidnap victims, Maryam Ali Maiyanga. She was spotted among other ladies with her 10-months-old baby boy, Ali, on Saturday morning in Borno State.

‎Acting spokesman of the Nigerian Army, Col. Sani Usman, who confirmed the development in a statement, said, Maryam and her baby were recovered Saturday morning in Gwoza Local Govt Area of Borno State.

He said: “Troops of 121 Battalion, Nigerian Army, deployed at Pulka, Gwoza Local Government Area, Borno State, for Operation LAFIYA DOLE today, Saturday 5th November 2016, at about 6.00am, while screening some escapees from Boko Haram terrorists hideout in Sambisa forest, discovered one of the abducted Government Secondary School Chibok girls, named Maryam Ali Maiyanga among them.

“She was discovered to be carrying a 10-month-old son, named Ali. She has been taken to the unit’s medical facility for proper medical check up.

“It is imperative to state that troops have been working round the clock to clear remnants of Boko Haram terrorists wherever they might be hibernating and also rescue all persons held hostages by terrorists.”

You may also like